In line with continuing Government advice any staff/pupils that are experiencing covid-19 symptoms, must get a test and stay at home until you receive your results.
Track & Trace are now contacting people directly when they have been in contact with another person who has received a positive test result. Those who have received a double vaccination for Covid-19 are no longer required to isolate if they have been identified as a contact, unless they show symptoms.
Regular testing will continue for all staff attending the building.
For a list of symptoms and what to do if you have symptoms, please follow this link:
Should you need to contact our Safeguarding Team, please use the following numbers:
Miss L. Dawes – 01922 712834 / 07903 630330
Ms S. Edwards – 01922 712834 / 07903 630374
Please be assured that we are continuing to do all we can to keep our staff and pupils safe .
Pupils have access to online learning via Class Dojo and Purple Mash platforms and can access these from home using laptops that will be issued to pupils who are required to isolate.
Staff will continue to undertake ‘safe and well’ communications with any pupils who are required to isolate due to a positive result, by way of telephone calls, online learning responses, Purple Mash, Class Dojo.
Communication with our pupils and their families continues to go from strength to strength and Phoenix Academy are extremely proud of how our pupils have coped during what has been an extremely difficult time for all…Well done Phoenix!
Guidance, support and further general information continue to be available relating to mental health support.
Further website links for parents/carers to use to gain support:
Information and Support regarding Mental Health during Covid-19 – https://www.rehab4addiction.co.uk/coronavirus/mental-health-coronavirus
Relate (the relationship people) – https://www.relate.org.uk/
NHS Tips for Dealing anxiety relating to Covid-19: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/coronavirus-covid-19-anxiety-tips/
Coronavirus and Your Child’s Wellbeing
- Autistica – coping with uncertainty for autistic people and their families – https://www.autistica.org.uk/what-is-autism/coping-with-uncertainty?dm_i=4U0R,BB4Y,2UR4W7,18O1Z,1
- The Anna Freud Centre – supporting young people’s mental health during periods of disruption – https://www.annafreud.org/what-we-do/anna-freud-learning-network/coronavirus
- The Mental Health Foundation – talking to your child about scary world news – https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/talking-to-your-children-scary-world-news
Coronavirus and Your Wellbeing
- Mind – your wellbeing during the Coronavirus outbreak – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing
- The Mental Health Foundation – looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing
- The NHS – how to look after your wellbeing whilst staying at home – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing
- The NHS – list of helplines if you need to speak to someone about your mental health – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing
- British Association for Counselling Psychotherapists – how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during self-isolation – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing